This website has been developed by the International Surgery Committee of the Canadian Association of General Surgeons, to encourage and facilitate the participation of Canadian surgeons, anesthetist, residents, nurses and support staff, in the important work of improving the quality and availability of surgical care in developing countries where such care is often unavailable.
Our Canadian Partners in International Surgery include:
Canadian Network of International Surgery
CNIS works cooperatively with African surgical and obstetrical training programs to develop short, intense, practical courses for training doctors, clinical officers and midwives. Over 30 Canadian surgeons are trained to instruct in these programs which are conducted jointly with African partners. CNIS has developed an exceptional model for effectively training life saving skills where they are most needed.
Canadian University Offices of Surgery, Anaesthesia, and Obstetrics
- University of British Columbia, Branch for International Surgery http://www.internationalsurgery.ubc.ca
- University of Calgary, Centre for Global Surgery http://www.ucalgary.ca/cgs
- Dalhousie University, Global Surgery Office http://globalsurgeryoffice.medicine.dal.ca
- Dalhousie University, Global Health Office of Anesthesia http://anesthesia.medicine.dal.ca/global-health/global-health-initiatives.php
- University of McGill, Centre for Global Surgery http://www.cglobalsurgery.com/en/
- McMaster University, International Surgery Desk http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/surgery/ISD.html
- University of Toronto, Office of International Surgery http://surgery.utoronto.ca/programs/International_Outreach.htm